[collectd] collectd 4.1 spec and srpm

Richard Shade rshade at rightscale.com
Wed Sep 26 19:56:19 CEST 2007

On 9/26/07, Sebastian Harl <sh at tokkee.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 11:14:07AM -0500, Richard Shade wrote:
> > We have compiled a centos rpm for use. There are a couple plugins
> > missing(apple_sensors,iptables,nut,tape). I had a problem getting these
> > compile.
>
> >>What kinds of problems? We already had a couple of (portability)
> problems with
> >>the build system. Maybe you can provide information to further improve
> it.

        Mainly compile time problems. If you would like I can take some time
over the next fews days and enable one module at a time and reply with the
errors. I will send specific emails for each so that this email doesn't get
unmanageable.

> I also had to add enable statements to the end of configure to enable some
> > of the plugins.
>
> >>Uh... that usually tells you that you're missing some dependencies. If
> you
> >>force the plugins to be build using --enable-<plugin> you might get
> broken
> >>plugins unless you _really_ know what you're doing (I'm not saying you
> don't,
> >>I just want to make sure you're really aware of that ;-). Can you please
> >> provide the summary which is printed at the end of the configure run?

       I have to admit.. I don't think I ran it again without the hardset
enables after I went dependency hunting. :). I just ran a plain ./configure
on the system and those subsystems were enabled now.

> > We would like to submit the spec, and source rpm to the project.
>
> Thanks you! :-)
>
> > If the changes listed above are alright for a binary release. I can send
> you
> > the RPMS for CentOS. You can go ahead and rebuild this on your system by
> > using rpmbuild.
>
> Please have another look at the plugins which did not build out-of-the-box
> and
> make sure they are working correctly. After that, I'm sure Florian will
> gladly
> upload the binary packages as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Sebastian
>
> --
> Sebastian "tokkee" Harl +++ GnuPG-ID: 0x8501C7FC +++ http://tokkee.org/
>
> Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary
> Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.         -- Benjamin Franklin

Thanks,

Richard Shade
RightScale
http://www.rightscale.com/