[collectd] cpu wait time on collectd server

Andi Lõhmus siiludus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:31:23 CEST 2007

Hello

We are now testing collectd to collect stats from our managed servers
and openwrt routers.
We have one machine set up as collectd server. The specs are Athlon 64
3200, 1Gb ram running gentoo
In the moment it receives stats from 30 hosts. In total there are 1426
rrd files.

Now when looking at the stats from the server, i see very large cpu wait
times averaging about 70%. it must be waiting on network IO because disk
write throughput is only ~1Mb/sec, which the disk can handle with ease.
Also load is now constantly over 1.

Is such behaviour expected?

What can be done to optimize things?

--