[collectd] collectd 4.1.0 available

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Sep 2 00:10:37 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I've just uploaded version 4.1.0. Because I'm very tired all the
information is there already, I'll simply quote the ChangeLog and
furthermore refer you to the news page at
<http://collectd.org/news.shtml>

-- 8< --
2007-09-01, Version 4.1.0
 * Build system: The build system has been changed to automatically
   disable all plugins, which are missing dependencies. The dependency
   checking has been removed from the plugins themselves to remove
   redundancy.
 * Flexible interval: The interval of collected data is not sent along
   with the data itself over the network, so that the interval-settings
   of server and clients no longer needs to match.
 * netlink plugin: The new `netlink' plugin connects to the Linux
   kernel using a netlink socket and uses it to query information about
   interfaces, qdiscs and classes.
 * rrdtool plugin: The cache is now dumped to disk in an extra thread
   to not block data collection.
 * snmp plugin: The new `snmp' plugin can read values from SNMP enabled
   network devices, such as switches, routers, thermometers, rack
   monitoring servers, etc. The collectd-snmp(5) manpage documents this
   plugin.
 * unixsock plugin: Added the `LISTVAL' command.
 * xmms plugin: The new `xmms' plugin graphs the bitrate and frequency
   of music played with xmms.
-- >8 --

Best regards,