[collectd] collectd 4.1.0 available
octo at verplant.org
Sun Sep 2 00:10:37 CEST 2007
I've just uploaded version 4.1.0. Because I'm very tired all the
information is there already, I'll simply quote the ChangeLog and
furthermore refer you to the news page at
-- 8< --
2007-09-01, Version 4.1.0
* Build system: The build system has been changed to automatically
disable all plugins, which are missing dependencies. The dependency
checking has been removed from the plugins themselves to remove
* Flexible interval: The interval of collected data is not sent along
with the data itself over the network, so that the interval-settings
of server and clients no longer needs to match.
* netlink plugin: The new `netlink' plugin connects to the Linux
kernel using a netlink socket and uses it to query information about
interfaces, qdiscs and classes.
* rrdtool plugin: The cache is now dumped to disk in an extra thread
to not block data collection.
* snmp plugin: The new `snmp' plugin can read values from SNMP enabled
network devices, such as switches, routers, thermometers, rack
monitoring servers, etc. The collectd-snmp(5) manpage documents this
* unixsock plugin: Added the `LISTVAL' command.
* xmms plugin: The new `xmms' plugin graphs the bitrate and frequency
of music played with xmms.
-- >8 --
Florian octo Forster
Hacker in training
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/attachments/20070902/78a53786/attachment.pgp
More information about the collectd