[collectd] network plugin doesn't re-resolve hostname ever

Thorsten von Eicken tve at voneicken.com
Wed Oct 31 00:18:22 CET 2007

It looks like the network plugin doesn't re-resolve the hostname of a
server ever. I have >300 hosts sending collectd data to a server and I
need to move the server to a different IP address. Right now it looks
like I have to restart every single collectd daemon out there so it
picks up the new DNS resolution for the server. Ouch! IMHO collectd
should re-resolve the server IP address every 5-10 minutes.
    Thorsten