[collectd] Version 4.2.0 available
octo at verplant.org
Sat Oct 27 11:59:27 CEST 2007
Hi everybody :)
I've just uploaded version 4.2.0 which comes with many new features.
Below if the ChangeLog entry and there's also the news item on the
-- 8< --
2007-10-27, Version 4.2.0
* collectd: The new config option `Include' lets you include other
configfiles and thus split up your config into smaller parts. This
may be especially interesting for the snmp plugin to keep the data
definitions separate from the host definitions.
* ipvs plugin: The new `ipvs' plugin collects IPVS connection
statistics (number of connections, octets and packets for each
service and destination). Thanks to Sebastian Harl for this plugin.
* memcached plugin: The new `memcached' plugin connects to a memcached
daemon process and collects statistics of this distributed caching
system. Thanks to Antony Dovgal for contributing this plugin.
* nginx plugin: The new `nginx' plugin reads the status page of an
nginx daemon and saves the handled connections and requests.
* perl plugin: Many changes, including the added `EnableDebugger'
config option which lets you debug your Perl plugins more easily.
* rrdtool plugin: Use the thread-safe RRD-library if available. Try to
be more thread-safe otherwise by locking calls to the library.
* snmp plugin: Added the options `Scale' and `Shift' to Data-blocks to
correct the values returned by SNMP-agents. If a <data> block is
defined as `table' the instance is now optional. The sequence number
is used as the type-instance in this case. The new `InstancePrefix'
option allows to add arbitrary prefixes to the type-instance.
* tcpconns plugin: The new `tcpconns' plugin collects the number of
certain TCP connections and what state they're in. This can be used
to see how many connections your FTP server has to handle or how
many outgoing connections your mailserver has open.
-- >8 --
Thanks to everybody who helped with this release, your help is very
Florian octo Forster
Hacker in training
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/attachments/20071027/c5a166e2/attachment.pgp
More information about the collectd