[collectd] Solaris compilation tweaks

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Thu Oct 11 17:14:55 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 03:40:14PM +0200, Daniel Albers wrote:
> just a quick note: The following CFLAGS were required on my Solaris
> 10/x86 box to get collectd compiled cleanly:
>
> CFLAGS=-D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -D__EXTENSIONS__ -D_AVL_H

Sergiusz just provided the following snippet of his build output:

  In file included from /usr/include/sys/vnode.h:49,
                   from /usr/include/sys/stream.h:22,
                   from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:66,
                   from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:45,
                   from network.c:34:
  /usr/include/sys/avl.h:89: error: conflicting types for 'avl_tree_t'

This seems to be addressed by the "-D_AVL_H" mentioned by Daniel. It sounds
like a pretty bad hack to me, disabling the inclusion of avl.h this way. In
the worst case, it might cause problems at runtime as the compiler is tricked
into using different definitions than expected.

Florian, I think we should have a look at the AVL stuff provided by Solaris
and, if reasonably usable, use it instead of utils_avl if it's available. What
do you think?

Cheers,