[collectd] collectd and large MTU

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at atc-onlane.com
Tue Oct 9 00:31:06 CEST 2007

Problem for me is mostly the traffic on the interfaces is pretty low and
then once in a while larger peaks. But looking at the graphs, the
graphical representation could be correct just the factors are not. Ie.
Mrtg (which only collects at 5 minute interval) shows a throughput of
~40Mbit/sec while my graphs from collectd showed ~4Mbit/sec, or close to
the factor of 6 (1,500 bytes against 9,000 bytes MTU). I am gonna have
to look at it closer later, very busy with other stuff, sigh. Never
enough time.

Regards, Ulf.