[collectd] patch for email stats from postfix and amavisd-new, dns stats from powerdns

Luke Heberling collectd at c-ware.com
Mon Nov 19 08:23:42 CET 2007

Hello collectd. Thanks for the use of your code. Hope you can make
use of this patch.

This patch adds mention of the new plugins to these files:
README
configure.in
debian/collectd.conf
debian/control
src/Makefile.am
src/collectd.conf.in
src/collectd.conf.pod
src/types.db

and the plugin files themselves:
src/amafix.c
src/pdns.c

amavisd-new and postfix statistics are gathered by parsing the
log file (i.e. /var/log/mail.log). Unfortunately there does not
appear to be a better way of doing this.

powerdns stats are obtained from the control sockets. (i.e.
/var/run/pdns.controlsocket or /var/run/pdns_recursor.controlsocket)

The amavisd-new and postfix statistics are gathered from the same
plugin. I did it this way because they have code in common,
mostly for parsing the log file and maintaining the mru cache (see
amafix.c for details). Naturally stats for postfix can be gathered
without stats for amavisd-new or vice versa.

I'd be happy to make any modifications you deem appropriate for
inclusion in the distribution.

Luke Heberling