[collectd] collectd-4.0.0-rc10 up for testing

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sat May 19 17:35:53 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've packed and uploaded another RC version. Some bugs in plugins have
been fixed (include <sys/un.h> rather than <linux/un.h>, remove unused
variables, etc) and the migration scripts have been expanded to work
with the `disk'- and `partition'-files as well. Also, I've added a
complete rewritten `collection.cgi' which provides very basic
functionality to view the RRD-files. This is work-in-progress though.

The biggest change is however the documentation: I've created extra
manpages for the email, exec, perl and unixsock plugins and moved all
the plugin documentation from collectd(1) to collectd.conf(5). Also I've
completed the information in the README file.

I hope that this will be the last RC version. I will write document to
describe the steps neccessary to migrate from v3 to v4 and update the
development information on the homepage over the next few days. After
that, in about a week, I hope to finally release v4.

As always: Bugreports (and success stories, of course) are very welcome
:)