[collectd] CentOS Packages

Richard Shade rshade at rightscale.com
Sun May 13 18:19:31 CEST 2007

Hi Florian,

On 5/13/07, Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org> wrote:

> Hi Richard, hi Matt,
>
> On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 11:08:44AM -0500, Richard Shade wrote:
> > We were able to put together some collectd-3.11.4 package for CentOS5.
> > I also updated the tar.gz as the spec file was still for 3.11.2.
>
> Thanks a lot, Richard :) I've copied the files and put them on the
> download page. Could you send me the specfile and associated
> distribution files, to I can put them under contrib/? Thanks :)
> I used the spec file in the tar.gz I attached, which is basically the one
> you distribute with the version corrected. I ran rpmbuild -ts
> collectd-3.11.4.tar.gz then, rpmbuild --rebuild collectd-3.11.4.src.rpm.
> > If you are looking for a great place to be able to test building
> > collectd on multiple platforms. Go have a look at RightScale
> > (www.rightscale.com).
>
> Sorry, a couple of minutes ago I didn't even know EC2 existed. How
> exactly can that help me/us?

    EC2  will provide you a good platform to test and deploy software. It
work great as a development environment and will allow you to test your
software on a variety of platforms without having the individual boxes set
up. You can launch on of the instance and test on it.

--
Thanks,

Richard Shade
RightScale