[collectd] compile problems on freebsd

Julien julien at wizpix.net
Tue May 8 23:48:02 CEST 2007

2007/5/7, Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org>:

> I don't have a FreeBSD box to test the code on, so it's not surprising
> that there are bugs in the code :/
>
> By far the most useful information with a problem like this is, as
> Sebastian has pointed out, a stack backtrace which you can get by
> building collectd with `--enable-debug' and then run the daemon from
> a debugger. Alternatively you can have the daemon write a coredump
> (using the bash-builtin `ulimit' or whatever mechanismn your shell uses)
> and analyse that with a debugger.

Good evening everyone,

Well... sometimes... Computers make you feel really silly (or crazy)...

I tried to get more informations yesterday about this bug, without great
results (clean directory, compile in debug mode, unload every plugins, and
try to get something with gdb).

And this morning, when I build a "debug mode" enabled collectd, to provide
you more infos about this, I did not get the segmentation fault error (with
main plugins loaded : cpu,disk,net). Everything run fine... :-S

So... I stay in touch, and I will be glad to give you a hand with collectd
on freebsd.

Regards,

Julien