[collectd] plugins don't "provide a read function"

Fri Mar 30 21:36:57 CEST 2007

Hi Samuel,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 04:27:33PM -0700, samuel gipe wrote:
> Using collectd-3.11.2 on a solaris 10 machine, I find notices in
> /var/adm/messages that most plugins don't "provide a read
> function"(excerpt below).

I tripped over the same problem yesterday but didn't get around to
release a new patch-release yet. The problem is that the
configure-script defines `COLLECT_KSTAT', but the plugins check for
`HAVE_LIBKSTAT'. The best workaround is to add the following to the end
of `stc/collectd.h':
-- 8< --
 #if COLLECT_KSTAT
 # define HAVE_LIBKSTAT 1
 #endif
-- >8 --

I will soon (tonight or tomorrow morning) pack and release version
3.11.3 which will have this problem solved. Sorry for the
inconvenience.. :/