[collectd] Problem with Gentoo and collectd 4.0.4

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Wed Jun 27 17:29:43 CEST 2007

Hi Tomas,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 05:12:22PM +0200, Tomas Marin wrote:
> I've got the follwing ouput, when I start "make":
>
> --- cut here ---
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> perl.c: In function 'hv2data_source':
> perl.c:143: warning: passing argument 1 of 'Perl_hv_fetch' from
> incompatible pointer type
[...]

Which version of libperl do you use? Do you use any special compiler flags?
What are your Perl compiler flags (perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ccopts -e
ldopts)? Can you please provide a copy of embed.h and proto.h (of your libperl
distribution)?

As line 143 is the first occurrence of any perl function, do you have the perl
headers installed at all (you cut off that part of the error message, so I
cannot tell right now)?

Cheers,

Sebastian "tokkee" Harl
GnuPG-ID: 0x8501C7FC