[collectd] collectd-4.x on OpenBSD build problem

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Jun 26 19:36:26 CEST 2007

Hi Eric,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 01:11:05PM +0200, eric fauser wrote:
> thanks for spec.source .... looks good,... the if_ppp problem has gone ;)

that's something, at least :)

>  > > utils_dns.c:700: error: `ns_t_a' undeclared (first use in this
>  > > function)
>
> i patched the source to use the `T_*` in that way and it looks good:

Could you send me a patch or, alternatively, the entire file? That's far
less error-prone than trying to repeat your changes ;)

> exec.c:119: warning: implicit declaration of function `getpwnam_r'

The getpwnam_r function (and another one, getgrnam_r or something) make
trouble under Solaris, too. Apparently the standard was a bit slow so
UNIX flavors rolled their own versions first and now stick to them.. I'm
confident that there's some define that will fix this ;)

> i tried to patch this,... but i think theres a reason to use _r ;)
> (thread-save i think)

The function may be called from somewhere else, too. I know that the
getgrnam_r function is. It's a very slight chance that this is a
problem, but I'm sure you know about Murphy and Million-To-One chances
;)

> btw: if u like, i can give you an login to the build host running on
> openbsd4.1

That'd be great :) I'll send you an SSH key in a seperate mail..