[collectd] disk plugin not work on 2.4 kernel

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Jul 31 10:20:43 CEST 2007

Hi Rasto,

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 11:45:15AM +0200, rastislav piater wrote:
> Disk plugin not work on 2.4 kernel only on  2.6 kernel. I saw news log
> and there is written:

does that imply that 3.11.5 was still working? Can you provide a sample
from your `/proc/partitions' and, if it exists, `/proc/diskstats'? I'm
afraid I've finally run out of 2.4 boxes ;)

> # 2007-05-30   A bug in the disk-plugin makes this plugin usable under
> Linux 2.4 again.

That was actually a bug in the news entry - the bug has been fixed in
the processes plugin :/

> So what this means ? It is fixed only in 3.xxx and  in 4.xxx is still
> not work ?

No, all bugfixes that go into one version will be in later versions as
well.