[collectd] 3.11.0 spec file (collection.cgi)

Wed Jan 24 12:02:03 CET 2007

Hi Florian and Iain,
could I look at the spec file before before pulling it into the git tree?

I build my own collectd packages for FC4/5/6. Probably I could enhance
the spec file too.

Florian Forster napsal(a):
> Hi Iain,
>
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 10:38:00PM +0100, Iain Lea wrote:
>> This is also now a little outdated so use the attached spec file.
>
>> Also attached a init.d script that works with more modern RH/FC linux
>> and works with chkconfig (is in ./contrib/init.d-fc).
>
> Since RPM is not RPM I will have to think of a better solution in the
> future. I may move these files to `contrib/{redhat,fedora,suse,...}' in
> the future, because apparently it's not possible to write one specfile
> for all distributions.

Well, the rpm environments in particular distributions differ
considerably. The supporting scripts are mostly distribution dependent.

Probably renaming the spec file would be a good idea too.
Notice the rpm switches -t? which tells the rpm to look into the archive
for the spec file and build rpm package using it. See:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/drafts/rpm-guide-en/ch11s02.html

I make my packages with collection.cgi included. This requires
additional files for a web server configuration and moreover new rules
for the SELinux enabled systems.

> Thanks for the script though, I'll pull that together with the updated
> specfile.
>
> Regards,
> -octo

Best regards,