[collectd] patch to distinguish between malloc failure and duplicate key in avl_insert

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Dec 13 09:20:22 CET 2007

Hi Luke,

I've applied your patches to the 4.2 bugfix branch or, in case of the
last one, to the master branch. Thank you very much :)

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 07:22:00PM -0800, Luke Heberling wrote:
> I'd like to be able to tell when avl_insert fails because of a
> duplicate key as opposed to when it fails due to out of memory or
> other condition.

Sure.. I've changed the documentation a little, so it talks about ``less
than zero'' and ``greater than zero'' rather than -1 and 1, because I
want people to use ``status < 0'' rather than ``status == -1'' to check
for error conditions.

> Sorry for the barrage of trivial patches. I've been working on this
> intermittently between tasks and did not have the foresight to spool
> them up.

Don't worry about it, small patches that fix one bug at a time are my
favorite :)

> I'll be moving the new powerdns, amavis and postfix plugins into full
> production tomorrow after which I'll soon be ready to try submitting
> them again.

Great :) Sorry for all the delay I've caused so far ;)