[collectd] PluginRetries

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Wed Dec 5 20:41:51 CET 2007

Hi Justo,

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 04:54:17PM +0100, Justo Alonso wrote:
>     when a plugin read fail, "The time between the calls of the function is
> increased exponentially until one day (86400 seconds)". Maybe a
> "PluginRetries" global parameter can be useful.
>
>    Two option (I think) ...
>          - First, an integer to the max seconds (now hardcoded 86400).
>          - Second option is a string with a increment especification (like
> at mail queue runner), p.e. "F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h" ....

What kind of benefit would that be for the user? Any such option should not be
hard to implement but I don't really see any benefits from it (besides
confusing most of the users)...

>    And .. this configuration per plugin ??

Hum... making this configurable on a per plugin base would make things
somewhat complex - I'm not sure if it's worth the efforts.

Cheers,