[collectd] collectd-4.0.6 problems

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Aug 19 17:09:59 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,

first off, sorry for the late reply. Please send further questions to
the mailinglist at <collectd at verplant.org>, too. Other users having
the same problem will benefit from it and you'll likely to get a reply a
lot faster.

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 09:38:24AM +0300, a.shubnik at btis.by wrote:
> I add LDFLAGS="-lssl" and all configured fine. But when i run 'make' i
> get follow errors:
> nut.c:42: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'UPSCONN'

Weird.. Can you put the `upsclient.h' file (usually in /usr/include, but
`libupsclient-config --cflags' will tell you where exactly it's found)
online somewhere or send it via email or something?

> And i found another bug. I solve to make client-server configuration
> of "collectd". I mean one machine gather info fron another. If i
> correct  understand i must use 'network' plugin. I add to one computer
> follow string in  'collectd.conf':
> <Plugin network>
>        Listen 192.168.5.8 25826
>        Listen 127.0.0.1 25826
> </Plugin>
> getaddrinfo (127.0.0.1, 25826.000000): Servname not supported for

Oh, the numeric argument for `port' (aka. service) is interpreted wrong.
I'll fix this with the next patch-release. For the time being you can
use:
-- 8< --
  Listen "192.168.5.8" "25826"
-- >8 --

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 11:19:00AM +0300, a.shubnik at btis.by wrote:
> Florian, i have yet one question. Why when i click on 'serial' (and
> some other) link i get follow message:
>
> Unknown type "serial_octets"
>
> I have not some info for these plugins or have incorrect configuration
> of 'collectd'?

I don't use the serial plugin myself, so I didn't get around to add the
graphs to the collection.cgi. If you send a patch I'll happly apply it.