[collectd] collectd-4.0.6 problems

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Aug 8 22:42:42 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 02:38:25PM +0300, a.shubnik at btis.by wrote:
> configure:41725: checking for upscli_connect in -lupsclient
> configure:41760: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/lib64/dbus-1.0/include
> -I/usr/local/ups/include  -L/usr/local/ups/lib conftest.c -lupsclient   >&5
> /usr/local/ups/lib/libupsclient.so: undefined reference to `SSL_set_fd'

your version of the libupsclient library is linked against OpenSSL,
presumable to allow secured connections to be made. The functions needed
for this are in the libssl, though, so instead of the usual
  $CC ... -lupsclient
you'd need something like
  $CC ... -lssl -lupsclient

The master branch of the directory has a changed configure script that
takes care of this.

For now you can simply add that library to your LDFLAGS, e. g. by
running:
  ./configre --prefix=/foo/bar LDFLAGS="-lssl"
This will links ALL your plugins with libssl which isn't that nice, but
isn't that much of a problem either..