[collectd] add/change RRAs in RRD?

Thu Apr 19 10:03:50 CEST 2007

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 07:05:03PM +0200, Andreas Schildbach wrote:
> I'd like to automatically add one more RRA to each RRD and DS for a
> timespan of about 5 years.

adding RRAs to an existing RRD-file is a bit tricky. You can have a look
at `contrib/add_rra.sh' to see how it's done, but you'll have to adopt
it to your needs.

However, new RRD-files generated by collectd will not have this RRA. If
you want collectd 3 to include this RRA in newly created RRD-files
you'll need to patch and recompile collectd 3.[*] The RRA definitions
are calculated from the timespans you want to graph (in your case: 5
years) and the stepsize (default: 10 seconds). What you'll need to do is
change `rra_timespans' (and possibly `rra_timespans_num') in
`src/common.c'.

[*] For now the same holds true for collectd 4, but since this is a
    reasonable request I'll likely add a config option for this.