[collectd] compile problems on freebsd

Wed Apr 11 19:34:45 CEST 2007

Hi Ventsislav,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 01:04:53PM +0300, Ventsislav Velkov wrote:
> #LoadPlugin apache
> #LoadPlugin apcups
> #LoadPlugin apple_sensors
> #LoadPlugin battery
> #LoadPlugin dns
> #LoadPlugin hddtemp
> #LoadPlugin mbmon
> #LoadPlugin multimeter
> #LoadPlugin mysql
> #LoadPlugin nfs
> #LoadPlugin ntpd
> #LoadPlugin ping
> #LoadPlugin sensors
> #LoadPlugin serial
> #LoadPlugin tape
> #LoadPlugin users
> #LoadPlugin vserver
> #LoadPlugin wireless

that's still a lot to search. Could you try to find out which one plugin
causes the problem?

> Do you want to check which exactly is causing the coredump ?

Yeah, most likely it's a plugin that contains the bug. I at least need
to know which one. As far as I know I can't analyse your coredump on my
machine, but I can try anyway if you send it to me.

> Apr 10 21:03:25 bt collectd[3712]: Plugin `cpufreq' doesn't provide a
> read function.

That merely means that collectd doesn't know how to read the
CPU-frequency (/ IO stats / process information) under FreeBSD. You can
safely disable those plugins in `Local' and `Client' mode.

Best regards,