[collectd] Missing hddtemp, ping and sensors results

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Sun Sep 24 18:12:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Excellent, that did the trick. I knew there was something I was missing.

Well, you probably missed to look at the additional packages the collectd
package suggests and you did not look into syslog (which should be the very
first place to look into in case of problems).

> Wouldn't it be a good idea to mention that in the man pages or in the FAQ?

No, this is not related to the collectd upstream source package but rather to
the collectd Debian package. If you really think there is need to point out
that there are some add on packages available besides mentioning them in the
Suggests-field, please file a bug against the collectd source package in
Debian and suggest a reasonable way to do so.

Cheers,

Sebastian "tokkee" Harl
GnuPG-ID: 0x8501C7FC
http://tokkee.org/