[collectd] Patch on traffic plugin to disable Packets and Errors.

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Oct 26 13:49:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 03:00:31PM +0200, BRUN Emeric wrote:
> Select interface is a real improvement!!
> but in my case (very limited fs size) i'm not interested on errors and
> packets.
>
> So i made this patch ( adding two configurations keys: IgnoreErrors
> IgnorePackets on traffic plugin).

thank you very much for the patch :)

Some thoughts though:
- What about changing the syntax to:
    Disable Traffic (or: Disable Bytes)
    Disable Packets
    Disable Errors
  This would allow people to ignore traffic, too, if they chose to for
  some unforseeable reason. I'd prefer `Disable' over `Ignore' to avoid
  confusion with `IgnoreSelected'.
- It's much easier to check for `ignore_packets' or `ignore_errors' in
  `packets_submit', `errors_submit', `packets_write', and
  `errors_write'. Placing the check(s) there makes the patch smaller and
  increased maintainability.

Best regards,