[collectd] New version of the vserver patch

Guillaume Pratte guillaume.pratte at revolutionlinux.com
Wed Oct 18 17:35:40 CEST 2006

Hello,

Here is a better version of the vserver patch I submit for inclusion
into collectd.

With the patch, the plugins reads the association between the context id
and the vserver name from /var/run/vservers and uses that information to
name the RRD directories containing the information about the host's
vservers.

It reads the directory every time the plugin executes, since I don't
think reading a few dozens files and allocating a few bytes of memory is
an operation worthy of caching. And it garanties that the information is
always up to date.

Thanks,

--
Guillaume Pratte
Recherche et développement

Toutes les opinions et les prises de position exprimées dans ce courriel sont celles de son auteur et ne répresentent pas nécessairement celles de Révolution Linux.

Any views and opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Revolution Linux.