[collectd] Compiling on HP-UX

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Oct 17 10:11:30 CEST 2006

Hi Jeff,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 12:49:02PM -0400, Jeff Haney wrote:
> utils_mount.c: In function 'cu_mount_gen_getmntent':
> utils_mount.c:488: error: storage size of 'mt' isn't known

apparently `struct mnttab' is an incomplete type, i.e. it cannot be
instanciated. The most common cause are missing includes. Maybe you
could check your systems manual page for `getmntent' and tell me which
includes they list?

> utils_mount.c:503: error: too many arguments to function 'getmntent'
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors

The configure scripte thinks that you have the Solaris version of
`getmntent', which apparently you have not. I'll try to fix this and
send you a patch for verification, since I don't have access to a HP-UX
machine myself.