[collectd] Question about buildinga plugin

Nathan Blackham kemotaha at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 01:13:06 CEST 2006

Ok,  I have finished my source file for my watt meter plugin that I am
building.  My question is what do I need to do to get it to compile.  I
would like to build it into a debain package as well.  I am using 3.10.1 to
build it against.

If I understand correctly, I need to put a line in the configure.in file
like this:
AC_COLLECTD([name], [disable], [module], [description])

and then add something like this in the
Makefile.am:<?auth=DQAAAHEAAAB1sRRbQ4sYhnvKcVm45QsVHMrrRV70d6TAEUHNLUJTVQYJymtxUpJNeGdMg8CsFyds3sxKaEnLuV3uWwCOhdam0QZQOui9YMBjHFRDAHq-VJelU9_i_cN04vLtU9JSKdERfwJNrajy1MeRo7arigdwBIfFTIjGbmROcUgFbU-h3A&shva=1>
if BUILD_MODULE_NAME
pkglib_LTLIBRARIES += name.la
name_la_SOURCES = name.c
name_la_LDFLAGS = -module -avoid-version
collectd_LDADD += "-dlopen" name.la
collectd_DEPENDENCIES += name.la
endif

Is that all that I need to do?

What about adding it to the debian packages?

Plus this plugin needs extra libraries installed.  Is there anything special
that I need to do to include them?  I know if i compile the file on the
command line with gcc I add a -l(library) flag to it.

Thanks

Nathan