[collectd] Proposed patch for the vserver plugin

Guillaume Pratte guillaume.pratte at revolutionlinux.com
Tue Oct 3 21:08:03 CEST 2006

Hello,

Here is the first shot at a patch I propose to use the vserver name
instead of the context id in the vserver plugin. This patch will create
/var/lib/collectd/vserver-name directories instead of
/var/lib/collectd/vserver-ctxnumber. This is a necessity to make
collectd usable when using dynamically assigned context ids.

The code of the patch I propose is working, but adds a dependancy on
libvserver (https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/util-vserver/). The
configuration system thus needs to be changed, but autoconf is a little
bit too complex for me :-)

Here is what I would like to add (or to be added) into the built system :

- A check for the presence of /usr/includes/vserver.h
- Make the building of vserver.so dependant upon vserver.h and libvserver.so
- Linking vserver.so to libvserver.so (-lvserver)

Once this patch is completed (and if accepted), I intend to integrate
the display of collectd's RRD files into vsmon :
http://vsmon.revolutionlinux.com/

Thanks,

--
Guillaume Pratte
Recherche et développement

Toutes les opinions et les prises de position exprimées dans ce courriel sont celles de son auteur et ne répresentent pas nécessairement celles de Révolution Linux.

Any views and opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Revolution Linux.