[collectd] Compiling on HP-UX/Solaris

Jeff Haney jah at clan-rum.org
Wed Nov 8 17:43:36 CET 2006

Hi octo,
> Could you check your system(s) for the following functions and include
> their synopsis, if you can find them? Thanks :)
> - usleep
> - sleep
> - setitimer
See attachment.  Also info on libposix4

> Right, collectd does use /proc if it's run under Linux. There is quite
> some code for other platforms, but I haven't had the pleasure with HP-UX
> yet, so it's likely many of them won't work :/
>
> Sadly these statistics are very platform dependent. If you can point me
> to some documentation that illustrates how I can get HP-UX information
> I'll see if I can include that into some basic plugins. Without access
> to a HP-UX machine that's very troublesome, though :/
I'm not sure if this has everything you'd be interested in but below is
the link to the complete set of manuals for HP-UX 11i v2:

http://docs.hp.com/en/oshpux11iv2.html

Thanks for the addition help, looks like Solaris 6 might not be such a
big problem to get working.  If you can get anything else working with
HP-UX too that would be wonderful!