[collectd] Another ntpd problem

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Nov 8 08:24:54 CET 2006

Hi Lubos,

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 10:18:45PM +0100, Lubo?? Stan??k wrote:
> I think that refid field will contain INIT (really the text "INIT" :)
> ) and the reach, delay, offset and dispersion will contain 0.

okay, I'll try ;)

> The reach field is zero either from the start or it will zero bits in
> sequence from all ones (377 - eight connections) to all zeros (0 - no
> connection).

Oh, right, they have this bit-shifting crap there.. I thought it was
some counter or something. Well, then we can pretty savely ignore all
packets where `rech == 0'.

> I would like to switch to master to shut up plugins but I am not brave
> enough.

The master branch is supposed to contain a useable version. If you
encounter problems, feel free to report them as bugs ;) Try to use the
newest version though..