[collectd] Exporting the collectd's loop variable for plugins

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Nov 8 08:20:12 CET 2006

Hi Lubos,

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 09:30:26PM +0100, Lubo?? Stan??k wrote:
> It stops and immediately starts, all in the same second.  I am running
> it with the patch I sent to discussion without any trouble.  I tried
> the stop-start in a bash script with variable sleep/usleep for 20
> times. No trouble at all.

okay, I'll merge the patches into the master tree later today.

> initscripts on Fedora Core/RedHat do not wait for anything.
>
> Hey, I have replaced sysklogd with syslog-ng, updated ntp to make
> collectd and me happy. Do you mean that I should move to Debian? :)

I have nothing say about Debian and have it installed on at least 4
machines. Especially the parts where distributions differ from one
another (init scripts, package management, configuration management,
filesystem hierarchy/layout, ...) Debian convinces me..

(And I'm the moderate one. Guess what Sebastian would have said.. ;)