[collectd] Compiling on HP-UX/Solaris

Luboš Staněk lubek at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 7 21:59:21 CET 2006

Hi,

Florian Forster napsal(a):
> Hi Jeff,
>
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 03:12:55PM -0500, Jeff Haney wrote:
>> On to Solaris...  I'm trying to compile collectd on Solaris 6 and I
>> get this configure error:
>
> apparently Solaris 6 is missing the `nanosleep' systemcall. I didn't
> find an alternative that's provided by Solaris 6 using google. Do you
> know one?

Some version have nanosleep() in the librt, several in the libposix4.
It appears that it had been first documented in the Solaris 7 (SunOS 5.7).

ICU Readme states that it uses multithread unsafe usleep() for pre 9.
http://dev.icu-project.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/icu/readme.html?revision=release-3-4#ImportantNotesSolaris