[collectd] possible bug in disk.c module - value overflow

James Valente dev at zupercomputer.net
Sat Jun 17 00:55:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm glad the detailed information was helpful.

I want to report back the results of the change.  I replaced the
original disk.c file in version 3.9.2 with the version taken from
subversion repository, and then recompiled.  No problems.

I then ran the load test utility, watching the read_sectors and
write_sectors values progress from 0 to 2G, and eventually to 4G.  Once
it reached 4G sectors, the kernel then rolls the counter back to 0.
Collectd correctly logged the read and write sectors values throughout
the entire cycle, and had no problem with the rollover of the counter
back to 0.  Again, no problems here.

So, everything worked fine.  Thanks again.

James