[collectd] Invalid value for config option `Mode': `local'

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Jun 15 09:03:27 CEST 2006

Hi Eric,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 06:20:14PM -0700, Eric Rath wrote:
> I compiled and installed rrdtool-1.2.13 in /opt/rrdtool-1.2.13, and
> then compiled and installed collectd in /opt/collectd-3.9.3.  When I
> try to run collectd in "local" mode, it fails with the message
> "Invalid value for config option `Mode': `local'".  I can, however,
> run collectd in "log" mode; files are written in the data dir.

that does sound as if `librrd' wasn't found/used. Did you configure
collectd before and forget to do a `make clean' before building it, the
second time *with* linking to librrd? I've had problems like this
several times..

If that doesn't solve your problem, could provide the output of both,
`./configure' and `make all', as well as the files `src/config.h' and
`config.log'? Preferably tar'ed and zip'ed. If you can't upload them to
anywhere please send that to me directly, the list will most likely drop
it due to it's size.