[collectd] problems with ping and unreachable hosts

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Fri Jul 28 12:43:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

I suspect the 3.10.3 version to be the fix for this, but I'm still having a
problem with ping. It's working great, when the host doesn't have the hddtemp
plugin activated, but when the hddtemp plugin is activated, the ping plugin
doesn't work either. (to get hddtemp working again I had to downgrade to 3.9.4,
using the debian packages)

On 16-Jul-2006 Florian Forster wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 10:58:30AM +0200, Wolfgang Kroener wrote:
>> I am using the liboping from verplant.org (0.2.2). It is obvious, that
>> pinging that host with oping results in
>> `ping_sendto: Network is unreachable'
>
> Wolfang and I have debugged the problem and it turns out it's a bug in
> liboping. It fixed in liboping, versions 0.2.3 or 0.3.3.
>
> I'll build new liboping packages; new collectd packages are not
> neccessary. The next version of collectd will include a fixed version of
> liboping.

I suspect the 3.10.3 version to be the fix for this, but I'm still having a
problem with ping. It's working great, when the host doesn't have the hddtemp
plugin activated, but when the hddtemp plugin is activated, the ping plugin
doesn't work either. (to get hddtemp working again I had to downgrade to 3.9.4,
using the debian packages)

---

Jan Huijsmans              huysmans at koffie.nu
                           huysmans at xs4all.nl

... cannot activate /dev/brain, no response from main coffee server