[collectd] collectd 3.9.3 on debian sarge Cannot assign requested address

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Jul 16 15:27:39 CEST 2006

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 06:43:32PM +0200, Thomas Stegbauer wrote:
> Jul 10 18:36:43 lx02 collectd[13809]: sendto: Cannot assign requested address

I assume that error occured on the clients, right? (A call to `sendto'
would be very wrong for the server process). Could you provide the
config file for them? Did the process(es) run as root or as an
unprivileged user?

Another thing you could try is setting routes for the multicast groups,
e.g.:
# ip -f inet route add 239.192.74.66 dev eth0
# ip -f inet6 route add ff18::efc0:4a42 dev eth0

You could also try to unload the ipv6-module if you're not using it.

The problem is that I don't know why that problem occured and I can't
reproduce it. `sendto(2)' shouldn't even return `EADDRNOTAVAIL',
according to the manpages. Any results would be helpfull.