[collectd] cant reach collectd.org... [continued and solved]

Plamen P. tk_admin at mbox.contact.bg
Wed Jul 12 10:30:32 CEST 2006

Hi there!

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 23:58:40 +0300, Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org>
wrote:
> there's no connection problem on my end.. However, there's an AAAA
> record for the domain, so clients with an IPv6-address but not routers
> present might end up waiting for a timeout. If added the IPv4-only
> record `ipv4.collectd.org', please try that and tell me if that solved
> your problem.

Yes, Florian, calling it "http://ipv4.collectd.org/" does solve the
"missing site" problem, at least for me... ;)

Thanks for the source tarball!

As for the IPv6 thing - I'm trying to make a server visible to the
world WITHOUT public IPv4 address, and... if it will be interesting
for you - you can check out the results at
  http://tkss.iax.be/cgi-bin/drraw.cgi   -  for IPv6 enabled hosts
or
  http://tkss.iax.be.ipv4.sixxs.org/cgi-bin/drraw.cgi  - for IPv4 hosts

Now, it is interesting for me for how long this machine will go
without the "weekly" restarts...

Regards,                            Plamen Petrov