[collectd] Reserved swap and Linux (was: 2 Small problems with collectd)

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Mon Jul 10 18:29:54 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 05:36:04PM +0200, Florian Forster wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 05:33:03PM +0200, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > > Linux simply doesn't have the
> > > concept of `reserved' swap space. At least, not that I know of ;)
> >
> > Imho you should put "#ifndef KERNEL_LINUX" around the reserved swap space code
> > in this case.
>
> It's all in one RRD file. I plan on splitting up many RRD-files when
> doing version 4, but for now we're stuck with that..

Isn't it possible to just log 0 instead of nan? When there is no
reserved swapspace, a value of 0 seems to be a valid work around.

BTW this only went wrong with new collectd setups (or ones with the swap
file erased) With older setups I just have the value 0.

---

Jan Huijsmans              bofh at koffie.nu

... cannot activate /dev/brain, no response from main coffee server