[collectd] 2 Small problems with collectd

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Mon Jul 10 16:58:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 03:55:00PM +0200, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > The swap pluging reports 'nan' as value for the reserved amount of swap.
> Could you please provide the output of "cat /proc/meminfo"?

Yup, here it is:

huysmans on lintilla> cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:       255788 kB
MemFree:          5312 kB
Buffers:         38032 kB
Cached:         103812 kB
SwapCached:        140 kB
Active:         142612 kB
Inactive:        87868 kB
HighTotal:           0 kB
HighFree:            0 kB
LowTotal:       255788 kB
LowFree:          5312 kB
SwapTotal:      489940 kB
SwapFree:       477076 kB
Dirty:             960 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
Mapped:         109044 kB
Slab:            14128 kB
CommitLimit:    617832 kB
Committed_AS:   282420 kB
PageTables:       1164 kB
VmallocTotal:   777940 kB
VmallocUsed:      3936 kB
VmallocChunk:   774000 kB

> > The other problem is caused by my disks (maxtor DM10) and/or hddtemp. The
> > hddtemp tool reports a temp of 54 * instead of 54 C. Collectd isn't to happy
> > about this. (not to much of a suprise) Is there a way to tell collectd to
> > ignote the character trailing the temp?
> You should tell hddtemp to report "C" instead of "*". You probably can
> configure that in /etc/hddtemp.db. Please have a look at the hddtemp(8)
> manpage as I do not currently know by head what exactly you have to do.

Thanks for the help, the db didn't recognize the disk (6V300F0). It
works now. (and these disks are 7 degrees celcius cooler then the SCSI
disks they replaced)

---

Jan Huijsmans              bofh at koffie.nu

... cannot activate /dev/brain, no response from main coffee server