[collectd] Version 3.7.0

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Mon Jan 30 23:40:38 CET 2006

Good evening everybody,

I've just uploaded version 3.7.0 of collectd. You can find tarballs at
collectd's homepage <http://verplant.org/collectd/#download>. Unstable
Debian packages are in my apt-repository, stable packages will follow
shortly..

Here's the relevant part of the `ChangeLog':
-- 8< --
2006-01-30, Version 3.7.0
  * The `battery' plugin has been added. It collects information about
    laptop batteries..
  * The MySQL plugin has been improved: It now writes two more RRD
    files, `mysql_qcache.rrd' and `mysql_threads.rrd'.
  * The `cpufreq' plugin now reads another file since the file it did
    read so far causes much overhead in the kernel. Also, you need root
    to read the old file, but not to read the new one.
  * The `hddtemp' plugin can now be configured to connect to another
    address and/or port than localhost.
  * The `df' plugin now prefers `statvfs' over `statfs'.
  * The network code has been rewritten. collectd now supports unicast
    and multicast, and IPv4 and IPv6. Also, the TTL of sent packages can
    be set in the configfile.
-- >8 --