[collectd] Re: collectd as server (solved)

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Thu Feb 2 18:10:05 CET 2006

> Still, I don't know why the daemon tries to open an IPv6 socket: The way
> to `disable' the default behavior is to specify something explicitely,
> as you did. So the daemon _should not_ try any IPv6 stuff with your
> configfile.. I'll see if I can recreate the problem..

Well I can't anymmore! I was on autopilot when I built that copy...

I had installed successfully on a Trustix 3 system (2.6 kernel) then moved
over to an older box that I run as a data collector for snmp (using rrdtool
and cricket) which has Trustix 2.2 and a 2.4 kernel.

I ran through the same steps configure/make/make install, and got the
results that I sent in my first message. Then I tried to reconfig
with --enable-debug and found the AI_ADDRCONFIG problem. Now that I
know about it, it won't compile anymore. (See "Heisenberg")

I know I did compile because the glibc's are incompatible and the TSL3
version will not run on a TSL2 box.

So perhaps it's best for you not to attempt reproduce this... it's
too bizarre...

Brian