[collectd] 3.7.0 not working in my setup :-(

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Wed Feb 1 16:22:57 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:30:52PM +0100, Jan Huijsmans wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:03:28PM +0100, Jan Huijsmans wrote:
> > I just upgraded the packages I have installed (debian) and found the
> > 3.7.0 version of collectd not to be working in my setup. Was there a
> > change from the 3.5.1 version (excluding mysql support) which could
> > cause this?
> >
> > Oh, Florian, could you keep the 3.5.2-1 version in the software tree
> > so people can downgrade with the apt-get install collectd=3.5.2-1
> > command? (or if soneone has the packages to download...)
> >
> > They can be downloaded via the url, but it would be nice tho... ;-)
> Hmmm, i just tried a roll-back to 3.5.2-1 and even 3.5.1-1, but both
> failed. I'm currently missing a verbose or debug option to trigger
> some extra logging.

Ok, I just found collectd starting without problems, when I won't allow
it to update my current files. WHen I want it to update the old statistics
from the 3.5.1-1 version, it refuses. It keeps running, but it doesn't
update the files. (this is with the 3.7.0-1 version)

---

Jan Huijsmans              bofh at koffie.nu

... cannot activate /dev/brain, no response from main coffee server