[collectd] Version 3.11.0 available - at last.
octo<span style="display: none;">.trailing-username</span>(a)<span style="display: none;">leading-domain.</span>verplant.org
Fri Dec 22 16:45:04 CET 2006
I've packed and uploaded a new minor version today. I'm kind of nervous
because changes have been piling up and now it's more than I can
reasonably test thoroughly right now. That's why I want to give you a
head start so you have the possibility to find and report bugs before I
will publish this release on the homepage.
You can get the tarballs from here:
Here's the entry from the ChangeLog file:
-- 8< --
2006-12-22, Version 3.11.0
* collectd: The new command line option `-P' makes it easier for
distributors to change the location of PID-files.
* collectd: The daemon shuts down faster now which makes it easier to
write init.d-scripts for it.
* apache plugin: Increase the buffersize to 16k, because the 4k buffer
caused problems every now and then.
* df plugin: New config options allow to ignore certain mountpoints,
filesystem types or devices.
* dns plugin: The new dns plugin uses `libpcap' to capture DNS traffic
and interprets it. It collects traffic as well as qtype, opcode and
* email plugin: Sebastian Harl has contributed this plugin which
counts received mails in categories (e. g. ham, spam, virus), spam
score (as given by SpamAssassin) and check types.
* mbmon plugin: Flavio Stanchina has contributed this plugin which
uses `mbmon' to gather information from sensors on the motherboard.
* processes plugin: Collect detailed statistics for configured
processes, that's process and thread count, CPU usage, resident
segment size and pagefaults.
* multimeter plugin: Peter Holik contributed a new plugin which
* sensors plugin: Lubos Stanek has put much effort into improving this
plugin, including `extended naming', collection of voltage values
and the possibility to ignore certain values.
-- >8 --
Most likely the next release will have a new major version and will
clean up with relicts. The plugin system will change quite a bit and I
have some really cool features in mind. I'll create a new branch for
version 4 shortly and will publish the new plugin interface there, so
you can take a look and give feedback if interested.
Florian octo Forster
Hacker in training
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/attachments/20061222/0f07850e/attachment.pgp
More information about the collectd