[collectd] Version 3.11.0 available - at last.

Fri Dec 22 16:45:04 CET 2006

Hello everybody,

I've packed and uploaded a new minor version today. I'm kind of nervous
because changes have been piling up and now it's more than I can
reasonably test thoroughly right now. That's why I want to give you a
head start so you have the possibility to find and report bugs before I
will publish this release on the homepage.

You can get the tarballs from here:
<http://collectd.org/files/collectd-3.11.0.tar.bz2>
<http://collectd.org/files/collectd-3.11.0.tar.gz>

Here's the entry from the ChangeLog file:
-- 8< --
2006-12-22, Version 3.11.0
	* collectd: The new command line option `-P' makes it easier for
	  distributors to change the location of PID-files.
	* collectd: The daemon shuts down faster now which makes it easier to
	  write init.d-scripts for it.
	* apache plugin: Increase the buffersize to 16k, because the 4k buffer
	  caused problems every now and then.
	* df plugin: New config options allow to ignore certain mountpoints,
	  filesystem types or devices.
	* dns plugin: The new dns plugin uses `libpcap' to capture DNS traffic
	  and interprets it. It collects traffic as well as qtype, opcode and
	  rcode counts.
	* email plugin: Sebastian Harl has contributed this plugin which
	  counts received mails in categories (e. g. ham, spam, virus), spam
	  score (as given by SpamAssassin) and check types.
	* mbmon plugin: Flavio Stanchina has contributed this plugin which
	  uses `mbmon' to gather information from sensors on the motherboard.
	* processes plugin: Collect detailed statistics for configured
	  processes, that's process and thread count, CPU usage, resident
	  segment size and pagefaults.
	* multimeter plugin: Peter Holik contributed a new plugin which
	  queries multimeters.
	* sensors plugin: Lubos Stanek has put much effort into improving this
	  plugin, including `extended naming', collection of voltage values
	  and the possibility to ignore certain values.
-- >8 --

Most likely the next release will have a new major version and will
clean up with relicts. The plugin system will change quite a bit and I
have some really cool features in mind. I'll create a new branch for
version 4 shortly and will publish the new plugin interface there, so
you can take a look and give feedback if interested.