[collectd] Identification of the syslog() mesages

Mon Dec 11 19:01:43 CET 2006

Hi,
recently I discovered that it is hard to identify some plugins' syslog()
messages for the end user.

Some plugins solve it with the plugin name prefix like:
syslog (LOG_ERR, "apache: ...
or
syslog (LOG_ERR, MODULE_NAME": ...

But there are many other messages without any identification or an
immediate relation to the plugin's activity.

Should we update all syslog() messages or rather modify the syslog()
call globally?

Best regards,
Lubos