[collectd] Problems with 'traffic' plugin

Sune Marcher sm at flork.dk
Sun Apr 30 21:14:36 CEST 2006

Hey!

I just installed collectd today, was a breeze getting it compiled from
source - cheers for not having tons of dependencies. For some reason,
though, 'traffic.rrd' is not generated even though I have
'LoadPlugin traffic' in my config file. Cpu, memory, processes and
load files are generated though. There's no entries in syslog.

configure autodetects these settings:
HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H, HAVE_LINUX_IF_H, HAVE_LINUX_NETDEVICE_H,
HAVE_GETIFADDRS, HAVE_IFADDRS_H

while the following aren't defined:
HAVE_STRUCT_IF_DATA, HAVE_LIBKSTAT

Could that be the problem? The module *does* build and load without
problems, though.

Also, do you know whether it's possible to get stats for interface
aliases (ie, "eth0:1")? /proc/net/dev doesn't list the aliases, but
perhaps there's some other API that can do it?

Finally, RRDTool seems like a complex beast... does anyone have some
good references, or is it google time? :)

--
Best regards,
 Sune Marcher <sm at flork.dk>