[collectd] Apache Plugin Requests Accuracy

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sat Apr 29 09:23:14 CEST 2006

Hi Shaun,

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:20:21PM -0400, Shaun wrote:
> However, collectd only reports 0.1 requests per minute. Am I missing
> something?

yes, the values in the RRD files are hits per second..

> My logs are tracking about 60,000 hits per day, which would be about
> 41 a minute.

With 60k hits per day you should see an average value of roughly 0.70
hits per second. I mostly get 0.10 as the minimum value (no hits but the
request by collectd)..

Please check again if you were using the average RRA and multiply it's
value by 86400. This should be reasonably close to the actual value. If
not please let me know.