[collectd] PATCH: hddtemp devices detection fix. [applied]

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Apr 9 01:54:28 CEST 2006

Hello Vincent,

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 10:33:39PM +0200, Vincent Stehlé wrote:
> Here is a patch against collectd 3.8.3 to fix hddtemp devices
> detection.

thanks for the fix, I've applied it to the subversion repository and
will pack a new release tomorrow.

> - Under other systems, we stick to the previous behaviour. This, untill
>   someone can test under solaris et al.

I don't think it's neccessary: Other operating systems/kernels have
other possibilities to get a list of disks (there might be a `sysctl' or
`kstat' option). Maybe there's a more intelligent way than reading
`/proc' under Linux, too, but I don't know it.. Anyways, I'll see if I
can find anything..

> Also, the patch adds some debug messages (nice DBG macro you have,
> guys!)

Yep, Niki came up with it and I like it a lot, too :)