[collectd] Slowing Down collectd?

Bogdan bogdan at toleap.com
Sat Oct 29 05:32:39 CEST 2005

I like the idea of 10 sec intervals, but it is not relevant for me to have
it pull the data so often. Is it possible to set it to run every 30sec or
every 60sec instead, and Have the same reflected automatically in the RRD
Databases. As it is now, even though very fast, collectd is racking up
some CPU time, and the biggest problem is that graph generation takes
about 4 seconds because there is so much data it need to plow through.

I tried to do it my self by editing the source, but lets just say that did
not go anywhere :( Never really programmed in C.

Other then that colectd is a very cool tool, just would be cool if it head
this feature.

Another Problem I have is that colectd created several databases for my
partitions

partition-3-1.rrd
partition-72-16.rrd
partition-72-1.rrd
partition-72-2.rrd
partition-72-32.rrd
partition-72-33.rrd

But what do the numbers stand for? I am doing a bit of experimenting to
see which partition is which, but so far I am a bit confused. Here are the
drives I have mounted:

/dev/ida/c0d0p1 @ /
/dev/ida/c0d2p1 @ /srv
/dev/ida/c0d1   @ /srv/file

How can I figure out how that corresponds to the log files?

Thank you,

  - Bogdan

--
www.toLeap.com -   Professional Web Design for Less than you think.