[collectd] Hierarchical storage (for `quota' and `mysql', eg.)

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Dec 22 22:48:00 CET 2005

Hi,

it's pretty much done and working: The `mysql' plugin creates one file
per command for maximum flexibility. That's 87 files for my version of
MySQL, but - and that's the reason for doing it this way - this may vary
for your version of MySQL. Since these files are 113k each they sum up
to 9.7M, a size database machines should be able to handle ;)

Since the number of commands is likely a bit bigger the RRD-files are in
a subdirectory, `mysql', which is a new thing to do for plugins. The
`quota' plugin will make use of this.. (That's what Niki said at least
;)

Other than that, the `df' plugin is done and will be in the next
release. It's using Niki's `utils_mount.[ch]' which works like a charm
:) All it could need was a better name.. If anyone has an idea let me
know..

The `configfile' thing is kind of stalled right now since I'm not quite
sure how to handle config-file _and_ commandline-arguments..

Last and possibly least, I've learned that my assumption about a `jiffy'
being a fixed time period (10ms) is wrong. This means that I have to fix
the `colection.cgi' script and remove the `100' upper bound for CPU
graphs.

Okay, just wanted to let you know where we are ;)