[collectd] Unicast in collectd

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Mon Dec 19 10:10:33 CET 2005

Hello everyone,

a few people have asked me if it was possible to include unicast (i.e.
`normal' networking) support in collectd. The changes neccessary aren't
very big:
- I _think_ the server doesn't need to be touched at all (the UDP-socket
  still accepts unicast packets after the IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP call,
  right?)
- The client needs to be told an alternative destination address.

Since version 3.6.0 will include support for a config-file adding more
common options (like bind-address or multiple server-addresses)
shouldn't be a problem..

I won't promise that this will make it into 3.6.0, but I'll look into it
soonish..